It’s been way too long, so it's time to give one lucky reader a great Polaroid and instant film set up. This time you’re looking at the Polaroid Spectra a giant pile of Impossible color + B&W instant film and a Tamrac 5534 Adventure Camera Bag. The past giveaways have always been such a huge success and it's awesome to see old film equipment getting into the hands of eager shooters.
How Can I Win?
For this contest, I am once again asking for a photo essay from you, and this time I have tightened up the rules on submission (see below for details). As before, I don’t care if your essay is done with digital, film, iPhone, pinhole or what have you - and I'm good with either color, B&W or both - what matters is how well you tell your story with photos. No words, no titles, no explanations for this essay. I will only be posting the image grid and your name, website and camera details.
Entries will close on December 21, 2016. At that point, I will narrow down to top 5 to put up for vote by our returning international jury of peers:
Voting will be discussed by jury until they announce a winner on December 31, 2016. I'll ship the camera the same week to wherever you are.
You can use whatever you want to create your grid. Photoshop is common, but if you are looking for a down-n-dirty tool, I suggest the free Pixlr Express app that can be used from any device you own. Just click the “collage” button and have at it.
All photos will be published on site, with credit to photographer during voting period.
To Enter / Rules
I do my best to keep this as simple as possible, yet uniform for all people entering.
- Limit one entry per person.
- Share this post on social media.
- Entry must be ONE 2×2 photo grid (containing the 4 photos), telling a story within its panels (see example above).
- Submitted grid must be 1024 px wide/high. Images with the wrong dimensions will be returned.
- Send your photo essay to me at email@example.com with the subject: Polaroid Giveaway.
- For credit, please include name & one website you want listed as well as the camera and/or film used to make the images. (Again, example at top of this page).
Included in the Giveaway:
- Polaroid Spectra Camera
- Impossible Film: 5 boxes B&W + 3 boxes color (note expired dates)
- Tamrac 5534 Adventure Camera Bag
- Free shipping to where ever you are on the planet
Rules subject to modification if I missed anything important. ;) Enjoy and have fun with this!
Feel free to Tweet / Tumblr / Facebook / G+ and Instagram this all you want.
Below are the entries, in order of appearance. Names link to their personal websites.
WARNING - Some entries may not be safe for work.